Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP)
The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center - Sciences. The URSP supports students doing research fpr the academic year. Junior Scholars receive an annual award of $3000.00 and Senior Scholars receive an annual award of $5000.00 obtained from foundations, industry, and individual donors. Junior Scholars are eligible to apply to be a URSP Senior Scholars during their senior year.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units each quarter.
- Conduct research for THREE quarters (two of which must be part of a 199, 198 or 196 course) and complete a departmental honors thesis or comprehensive research project
- Present your findings at UCLA's Research Poster Day
- Write and submit a departmental honors thesis or comprehensive research paper
- Submit a summary of your work and a photo for an online profile
- Write a thank you note to the donor that supported your research
- If required by your lab, The "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" proof of completion must be submitted before the beginning of the program. The training can be completed online at worksafe.ucla.edu.
- Junior level standing or higher (at least 6 quarters of university completed by Fall 2017)
- 3.25 GPA or higher
- Current Faculty Mentor and Research Project
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, international or AB540 student status
Applications are now closed, and will be accepted for 2018-2019 in May 2018.
Applications are accepted through the MyUCLA survey system. Visit here for guidelines and instructions.
If you have questions about URSP, please contact: