Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) Application Instructions
You are required to submit a personal statement. This statement is an important part of your application package. It will allow the review committee to get a feel for you as a person as well as a student. This essay is meant to place your academic record into the context of your opportunities and obstacles.
- Your personal statement should briefly describe (no more than 3500 characters, including spaces; ~ 1 page single-spaced) how you think receiving the Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program Scholarship will impact your short and long term goals. Please also describe your long term goals.
- If there are any special circumstances (i.e. personal, academic, financial hardships) which you feel are relevant to your application, please let us know. This essay is meant to place your academic record into the context of your opportunities and obstacles. It will allow the review committee to get a feel for you as a person as well as a student.
- Provide an informative title for your proposed research project
- Describe your proposed research project. Please include an introduction, hypothesis, materials & methods and expected results. Must be at least 100, but no more than 3500 characters (including spaces and references, if necessary).
- The introduction should provide sufficient background information such that a scientifically literate reader can understand and appreciate the experiments to be described.
- For the hypothesis, please describe the question you will be addressing or the hypothesis that your work will test.
- In the materials and methods, briefly describe the tasks you will be performing includ`ing laboratory techniques you will be learning or applying to address your hypothesis. Share the kind of data will you be collecting (if applicable).
- The expected results should explain the predicted outcomes based on your hypothesis and experimental methods.
If you have problems submitting this application, contact: