Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) Application Instructions
Application Period: October 15, 2018 - November 15, 2018. The application will close at 11:59pm.
Failure to submit all required components of the application by the deadline will disqualify your application from consideration. There are no exceptions to this. Incomplete applications will not be processed or reviewed.
You are required to submit a personal statement. This statement is an important part of your application package. It will allow the review committee to get a feel for you as a person as well as a student. This essay is meant to place your academic record into the context of your opportunities and obstacles.
- Your personal statement should briefly describe (no more than 3500 characters, including spaces; ~ 1 page single-spaced) how you think receiving the Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program Scholarship will impact your short and long term goals. Please also describe your long term goals.
- If there are any special circumstances (i.e. personal, academic, financial hardships) which you feel are relevant to your application, please let us know. This essay is meant to place your academic record into the context of your opportunities and obstacles. It will allow the review committee to get a feel for you as a person as well as a student.
- Provide an informative title for your proposed research project
- Describe your proposed research project. Please include an introduction, hypothesis, materials & methods and expected results. Must be at least 100, but no more than 3500 characters (including spaces and references, if necessary).
- The introduction should provide sufficient background information such that a scientifically literate reader can understand and appreciate the experiments to be described.
- For the hypothesis, please describe the question you will be addressing or the hypothesis that your work will test.
- In the materials and methods, briefly describe the tasks you will be performing includ`ing laboratory techniques you will be learning or applying to address your hypothesis. Share the kind of data will you be collecting (if applicable).
- The expected results should explain the predicted outcomes based on your hypothesis and experimental methods.
Financial Aid Authorization and Release Waiver
- You must submit the Financial Aid Authorization and Release Waiver by:
- Submitting a signed, hardcopy to the URC-Sciences Office at Life Sciences 2121 by 5:00pm on Thursday, November 15, 2018, or
- Emailing a signed copy (not an e-signature) to Alec Hernandez at email@example.com. Please include "URFP Financial Aid Waiver" in the Subject Line.
- To access the form, click here: http://bit.ly/urcfinancialaid
- The URFP scholarship will be awarded as part of your overall financial aid package for the academic year. If you qualify for an award, the Financial Aid Office will adjust your financial aid package to ensure you do not exceed your financial need. Therefore, we require access to your financial aid record to determine the size of the award we can offer you, if any.
Please direct inquiries regarding URFP to: