Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP)
The Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center-Sciences. The URFP scholarship supports students doing research for Winter and Spring quarters. URFP recipients can receive a scholarship of up to $2,000.
Beginning researchers are strongly encouraged to apply!
You must have a Faculty Mentor that is listed for SRP. Please CHECK FIRST. You can find this out by trying to create a contract for SRP and looking to see if the faculty is listed. If they are not in the SRP list you will need to submit a Faculty Participation form. Visit this link for the form and instructions.
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or AB 540 student status.
- While financial need is not required, some awards are for students with established financial need.
If you are selected for URFP, your requirements are:
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units and Course 99 Student Research Program or 199/198/196 Departmental Research; winter and spring quarters.
- Enroll in HC 101A, the Student Research Forum Winter Quarter. For Winter 2018, HC101A will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-3:50 pm. There will be no exceptions to enrollment granted.
- Submit a brief summary of your research project at the end of Spring quarter, or present your research at Research Poster Day in May.
- If required by your lab, The "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" proof of completion must be submitted before the beginning of the program. The training can be completed online at worksafe.ucla.edu.
The Application has two parts:
Research proposal (7000 characters limit including spaces)
Click here for the research proposal directions
Personal statement (3500 characters limit including spaces)
Click here for the personal statement directions
The application for the 2018 URFP Cohort will open on October 15th, and be due November 15th, 2017.
Proof of successful completion of Lab Safety training will be required before the start of the program.
If you have questions, please contact: