Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP)
The Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center-Sciences. The URFP supports students doing research for Winter and Spring quarters. URFP recipients can receive a scholarship of up to $2,000.
Beginning researchers are strongly encouraged to apply!
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Faculty mentor and research project beginning no later than start of winter quarter
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, International, or AB 540 student status.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units and Course 99 Student Research Program or 199/198/196 Departmental Research; winter and spring quarters.
- Enroll in HC 101A (no exceptions), the Student Research Forum Winter Quarter. For Winter 2018, HC101A will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-3:50 pm. A passing grade must be earned.
- Submit a brief summary of your research project at the end of Spring quarter, or present your research at Research Poster Day in May.
- If required by your lab, The "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" proof of completion must be submitted before the beginning of the program. The training can be completed online at worksafe.ucla.edu.
The application for the 2018 URFP Cohort will open on October 15th, and be due November 15th, 2017.
Applications are accepted as a survey through MyUCLA and can be found here
for application guidelines and instructions.
If you have questions about URFP, please contact: