Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP)
- October 15, 2018 - November 15, 2018
- Applications are completed on MyUCLA's Survey system. Visit here for application guidelines and instructions.
- Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 Quarters
The Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center-Sciences. This program is designed for students beginning to conduct research or are early-on in their research careers. URFP supports students conducting research during the Winter and Spring quarters. URFP awards stipends up to $2,000. Stipends are distributed over the duration of the program. This program
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Must obtain a Faculty Mentor and Research Project by the start of Winter quarter
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, International, or AB 540 student status.
PROGRAM AND EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain full-time status/enroll in a minimum of 12 units each quarter
- Conduct research during Winter and Spring quarters as part of either an SRP-99 course or a 196, 198, or 199 course.
- Enroll and receiving a passing grade in HC-101A , the Student Research Forum during Winter Quarter.
- Submit a summary of your research project at the end of Spring quarter, or present your research at Research Poster Day in May.
- If required by your lab, The "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" proof of completion must be submitted before the beginning of the program. The training can be completed online at worksafe.ucla.edu.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
2121 Life Science Building