2018-19 Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP)
- October 15, 2018 - November 15, 2018
- Applications are completed on MyUCLA's Survey system. Visit here for application guidelines and instructions.
- The application can be accessed on MyUCLA under the "Campus Life" tab, and clicking "Surveys" under the "Surveys and Notices" section.
- Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 Quarters
The Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center - Sciences.
This program is designed to support students who are beginning to conduct STEM research or who are early-on in their STEM research careers. Fellows will be required to enroll in HC101A - Student Research Forum in Winter quarter, which is a professional development seminar for STEM research. Fellows will also be eligible to receive scholarships of up to $2,000, which is distributed over the duration of the program (up to $1,000 each quarter).
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Must have a Research Project with a UCLA Faculty
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, International, or AB 540 student status
- Maintain full-time status/enroll in a minimum of 12 units during Winter & Spring Quarters
- If "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" training is required by your lab, submit the hardcopy certificate of completion with your Program Contract to the URC-Sciences Office at LS 2121 by the Contract deadline.
- Conduct STEM research during both Winter & Spring Quarters as part of a 99/196/198/199 independent research course.
- Enroll and receiving a passing grade in HC-101A , Honors Collegium - Student Research Forum during Winter 2019, Tues/Thurs 2:00-4:00pm. This course is mandatory. Students who are accepted into URFP but do not enroll in or receive a passing grade in HC101A will be dropped from the program and their award will be recalled. There are no exceptions for this. If you have a required class with a conflicting time, we recommend you do not apply to URFP for this program cycle.
- End of Program Research Submission, either of the following options:
- Compose a thank you letter to the donor(s) that supported your research
- Complete the post-Program Survey by Friday of Week 10. Surveys will be emailed out during Spring quarter.
For questions regarding URFP, please contact:
URFP Program Representative