SRP-99 Contract Submission Guidelines
- Hardcopy, signed contracts must be submitted to the Undergraduate Research Center - Sciences Office at 2121 Life Sciences Building. Emailed or faxed copies will not be accepted under any circumstances. No exceptions.
- If indicated on your contract and required by your lab, you must submit a hardcopy, valid Certificate of Completion for "Lab Safety Fundamental Concepts" with your SRP-99 contract for enrollment. Contracts that require proof of completion but are submitted without the Certificate of Completion will not be accepted, processed, or enrolled.
- SRP-99 contracts are due at 5pm of Friday of Week 2 each quarter. Contracts submitted during Week 3 are subject to the late enrollment/add fee.
Important SRP Dates
- Spring 2019 SRP Contract Deadline: 5pm Friday, April 12, 2019
Notice of Change
Contracts have been updated to make it easier to determine which students need to attach LSFC to the contract. If required, they will see a new section below the faculty mentor information entitled “Safety Training” with a bolded statement that reads: “Proof of Completion of the Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts (LSFC) course is required for participation in research with this mentor.” Students who do not need to complete safety training will not have this statement appear.
PLEASE NOTE: All SRP contracts MUST include your certificate of completion for the Lab Safety Fundamental Concepts course. URC will not accept contracts without this certificate so register for training courses early to avoid delays in your enrollment.
Students in Clinical Research
It is imperative that UCLA SRP 99/199 students in clinical research settings receive clearance before they can be enrolled in SRP 99. Anyone accessing any of the following will need to be processed:
- Identifiable data or clinical data (i.e. patient information, test subject information, etc.)
- Human Test subjects (study participants) or patients
- Clinical areas: clinics, hospitals, patient care areas
For more information about how to be processed, please contact Lily Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.uclahealth.org/volunteer/direct-referral-program.