CUR Travel GrantsBiology Division of the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) Biology Travel Awards:
The Biology Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is offering a limited number of travel grants, up to $250 each, for undergraduate students presenting original research results at a regional or national, discipline-specific meeting during the fiscal year. Award recipients are required to acknowledge CUR for support of their travel in their talk or poster, to complete a short evaluation form about their meeting experience and to submit a PDF file of their poster. Minority students are encouraged to apply.Eligibility Criteria:
- Undergraduate student must be a junior or senior and travel must be completed within 3 months of graduation.
- Student's mentor must be a CUR member or the student's home institution must be a CUR institutional member
- Student's home institution must provide at least a 50% match to support travel
- Electronic application form to be completed by nominating faculty mentor. Please click here to access the form.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (up to $250) will require copies of receipts and confirmation of student's attendance/presentation at the meeting.
Travel Award recipients will be chosen based on the scholarly merit of their abstract, which should include:
- A sentence that clearly states the study's OBJECTIVE (unless included in the title);
- A brief statement of METHODS (if pertinent);
- A summary of the RESULTS;
- A statement of CONCLUSIONS (it is not acceptable to state "the results will be discussed");
- A statement of SIGNIFICANCE.
Applications must be received by mid January for meetings held between February and June. Applicants will be notified four to six weeks after the deadline. For details click HERE
For further information and the application requirements, please visit HERE
Direct inquiries via email to Evelyn Hiatt, CUR Councilor: firstname.lastname@example.org